#52 Stories Best Friends

When I first read February's questions, none of them really grabbed me. I'm not sure what that was all about, but I've decided to take the plunge and keep this story of my life going.

Who was your first best friend? Are you still in contact with each other?

I had a few meaningful friendships in elementary school. One of my best friends was a fun, spunky girl named Jill. We got back in touch on facebook several years ago, but I've decided I only like social media in moderation so I'm not even on facebook anymore. We lost touch when middle school began and other than a few short years of social media contact have been out of touch ever since. Another friend from this time in my life was Jolinda. Jolinda is one of the kindest people I've ever known. It's pretty much the same story: lost contact after elementary and had a short facebook friendship. Another best friend from elementary was Darla. Even though Darla moved away, we stayed in touch a bit for years. I even sent her a Christmas card recently, but it was returned so I've lost touch for the time being because she's obviously moved. Hopefully I can find her again.

Time out. I just found her pinterest. Can people ever really be out of touch anymore?

By the way, I'm really not anti-social. I don't have a facebook account anymore, but I am on pinterest as Melissa Lemon and on instagram as lemoninkwell. The problem is that social media tends to bring out my obsessive side (and other undesirable qualities) so I try to stay away from it as much as possible. Not to mention that I feel like social media is a bit anti-social, or at least anti-relationship, which is probably a post for another day. I know I've also wasted a lot of time on such venues so I think they need to be handled with care.

When it comes to friendships, I value quality time, and that is something social media can't really provide.

How did I get on this topic, anyway?

In middle school, I developed some really strong friendships that lasted through high school and college and still continue today in the form of a get together whenever possible. We got together last summer while my family was visiting Utah and is was SO good to see them. Even thinking about them brings a flood of fantastic memories. I have always been blessed with excellent friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Can I Get a Copy of Sleeping Beauty and the Beast

#52Stories Physical Achievements

#52Stories Failure