Poem of the Tick Tock

I am finishing up another semester of grad school and recently finished a self-awareness paper. It was a bit stressful, but it is done and graded and I got a 100! My teacher even called me Sunday to let me know my grade so I wouldn't be stressing. How kind is that? The whole class has been really stressful, but in a good way. I don't think I've ever grown so much in a class, and as the saying goes, "No pain, no gain." Here is part of the assignment. It is a poem I wrote about time as part of the section describing my worldview. I included two scriptures as well which follow the poem.



Time

Life is an hourglass of falling sand.
The first tiny grain slips through the narrow passage, and opens a floodgate of loss.
Outside the bulbs, a timeless, eternal sphere remains in motion.
Life before time affects mortality.
Mortality affects what is to come.
Each granule matters,
Is counted,
Is valuable beyond mortal comprehension, reckoning, or remembrance.
The purpose is to learn,
To taste joys we never knew or could have known.
When the hourglass shatters,
The particles of time remain ours
To hold,
To account for,
To cherish.

Time testifies on our behalf, and prepares us for glories unimagined.

“And thus we see, that there was a time granted unto man to repent, yea, a probationary time, a time to repent and serve God.” Alma 42:4

“All is as one day with God, and time only is measured unto men.” Alma 40:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Can I Get a Copy of Sleeping Beauty and the Beast

#52Stories Physical Achievements

#52Stories Failure