Next Project

With Escaping Neverland close to the beta reader phase, I sat down and outlined my next project. What is it? Well, you may not want to know. I'm veering away from the fantasy, young adult, fairy tale and sweet romance for this one. This is a book that because of the subject matter, I may even use a pseudonym simply so my young readers don't read it unsuspectingly. Not that it will contain any mature content, (that's just not me if you didn't know by now). It's the subject matter that may turn younger readers off. What is this book about? It's about a woman who works in federal prisons as a counselor. It is her job to determine whether rapists up for parole are actually ready to life crime-free lives.

Told you it was heavy. It'll have some suspense and I think it will be interesting in both style and content. I'll have to do some research about prisons, detectives, parole procedures, etc. But who am I kidding? I don't love research  and write fiction so maybe I'll just go off my own ideas of how things could work. :)

I did an outline recently and plan for about twenty-two chapters so it will be a good length I think. But don't worry, I've got my limits and I'm sure it won't be too long.

Now to think of a pseudonym. How about MR Lemon? It looks a little like Mr. Lemon, doesn't it? As if I'm trying to disguise my gender or something. Or perhaps Melissa Ricord for my maiden name. Or Roxanne Bumblebee just for fun. It looks like this will be harder than I thought.

Comments

I like how Victoria Schwab does V.E. Schwab to distinguish her adult novels from her MG/YA titles. Fans can still find her if they want to read her more mature writing, but it's different enough!
Melissa said…
This is a good, simple way to do it for sure.

Popular posts from this blog

Writer Wednesday--A New Kind of Rejection

#52Stories Failure

#52Stories Physical Achievements