Thursday, December 31, 2015

Book Review--The War Between Us by Sarah Creviston Lee


I had the chance to read this brand new book recently and fell in love with it. Lee is a master of tension and the book is perfectly paced. The War Between Us brought to memory other books I've read like Obasan by Joy Kogawa and Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Eleanor Coerr. It is about a time in our nation's history where emotions boiled. I got a taste of this as a child. I remember how I loved the book about the thousand paper cranes so much that I told my grandma about it. She turned to me with an indignant look in her eyes and said, "Well, they bombed us first!" There is a story there, I'm sure. A reason that after more than 40 years she would still react in such a way. Because of these heightened emotions, many people were treated unfairly like Alex Moon in The War Between Us. These issues are captured beautifully in Lee's novel. If you enjoy a good historical fiction romance, check it out on amazon.

1 comment:

Fikri Ferdiansyah said...

The information you provide helps me, a lot of new things that I found after reading the article you wrote.
Thank you so much for sharing this useful information.

Gejala Kanker Payudara Penyakit Pada Organ Hati Pengobatan Penyakit Migrain Gejala Penyakit Meningitis Gejala Awal Penyakit Demam Berdarah