Book Review: The Distant Hours by Kate Morton

I don't like giving bad book reviews which is why I'm really picky about what I read. If I think I won't like it, I will stay away. This book intrigued me the first time I heard about it and I wanted to read it. I began it when my book club was featuring it and didn't get that far into it. I picked it back up a few weeks ago and got about half way through. This book has fabulous writing. The story is good also, with a solid hook that made me want to read it to the end. However, about half way through, I realized that it was taking me so long to get through it that I wasn't enjoying it anymore. It is just paced slowly, which is perhaps simply a Gothic novel thing? Anyway, I decided to just stop even though I really wanted to see how this one ended. It was just too slow for me. This book is for those who love a good Gothic novel and love to get lost in a story for an extended period of time. It wasn't for me, but I did enjoy the writing, particularly the focus on emotions and the detailed descriptions. I've read one of Ms. Morton's other books, "The Forgotten Garden," and liked it much better.


Comments

Hi there to every single one, it’s genuinely a nice for me to pay a quick visit this website, it contains useful Information. Cara Efektif Mengatasi Asam Urat Cara Terbaik Mengobati Penyakit Kanker Angina Pektoris
thank you very much has been sharing this information :D Kanker Darah Obat Penyakit Jantung Lemah Herbal
Genies Alan said…
I'am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information.
Cara Mengobati Gagal Ginjal Selain Cuci Darah

Popular posts from this blog

Writer Wednesday--A New Kind of Rejection

#52Stories Failure

#52Stories Physical Achievements