Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Strawberries From Heaven

It's grocery shopping day, which is a little overwhelming for me fight now. Partly because I'm not quite 100% after my injuries, partly because deciding what to cook, how to cook it, where to buy it, and everything else involved in feeding a family of 5 is always overwhelming.

As I sat at the computer, checking out recipes, I decided to look for a freezer jam recipe. Strawberries are in season, and strawberry jam is on our shopping list because my family loves it and eats a ton of it. It seems like we're always out. I found a recipe and decided that I would make it rather than buy jam.

I continued on with some menu planning and shopping list preparations until there was a knock at my door. I looked through the peephole to see a familiar face. A woman from my church. I opened the door and what did she have in her hands?


Seriously. That's what she had in her hands. The exact amount of strawberries for me to make some freezer jam for my family. I was so touched that I cried a little. Because along with the sweet woman standing before me, I saw God. I heard him sending a message just for me. "I thought you could use these strawberries. I am thinking about you today. I want you to know that I love you and am aware of every little thing in your life. Do not doubt me. Do not be afraid."

Thank you, Sister Umstead, for bringing me strawberries from Heaven.


1 comment:

Camie Madsen said...

What a sweet reminder that God loves you.