Happy Birthday Brother!

I am so grateful I have a brother! My kids don't have any brothers, but lately, Spice has randomly been saying thinks like: "Uncle Jesse's long beard."

At least I have a brother so they have an uncle. Actually, they have lots of uncles, but you get the picture.

My brother is a little more than a year older than me. Sometimes growing up our dad called us twins because for a while we were the same height.

My brother and I had fun together. We would play catch, practice karate, and as we got older, he sort of became my chauffeur. Once when we were driving he commented how he needed a license plate cover that said, "Oh her, she's my sister." He was one of my best friends. We both played in the orchestra and got to go on tour together to Las Vegas and San Francisco. I loved having him there with me, even though we really didn't see each other that much. It was just comforting to know he was there.

My brother looked out for me. One time, when I was in the fifth grade and he was in the sixth, some dumb boy was bothering me. My brother came over, kicked him in the shin and said, "Leave her alone!" And the boy left me alone. Forever. And I was grateful.

I love my brother! He is a great man, husband and father. His wife and children adore him. He is funny and kind and talented. Happy Birthday, Jesse!

Here we are looking more like twins than ever as we posed before prom in High School. :)


Popular posts from this blog

Where Can I Get a Copy of Sleeping Beauty and the Beast

#52Stories Failure

#52Stories Physical Achievements