Writer Frustrations

I sent a query letter this week for the first time in almost a year. I'm fully expecting a rejection. I hope my pessimism isn't too upsetting. I guess I think of it as realism. Based on my experience, sending query letters to agents ultimately results in rejection. Honestly, there are times I seriously consider quitting this thing that I love so much. Why? Because I have other marketable skills that seem to work out much better for me. Like teaching piano lessons.

I've told myself so many times, this is the last one. If I get a rejection on this one, I'm done. And I can't seem to stop writing. It just makes me happy. Mostly. Because the business side of this business is a little frustrating. I'm not giving up yet. I still have some great stories to write. I just had to vent to the great unknown because my letter is out there, sitting in someone's slush pile, probably lonely and wanting to come back home.

Popular posts from this blog

Where Can I Get a Copy of Sleeping Beauty and the Beast

#52Stories Failure

#52Stories Physical Achievements