Fighting Those Winter Blues






I am determined. I am on a mission. I will get through this January without hating all of existence. It may help that I'm not around Salt Lake in time for the inversion, but just in case that's not enough, I have a plan.

1. Get up early and exercise. Yeah, I decided against the get up early part.

2. Visit the tropics. My kids and I discovered this fun botanical garden over the break and I'm so glad we did. Why haven't I thought of this before? Visiting botanical gardens, breathing the artificial summer air, seeing and smelling the flowers. It's brilliant.

3. Do Yoga. Yoga specifically designed to help with mood improvement. I'm so glad that someone from my church is offering to teach this class. Sweet.


4. Have a writing goal to work on. Easy. Amazon's break through novel contest begins this month and I'm entering it. Should be fun. I just need to read through my manuscript and fix as many typos, plot holes, and oopsies as possible.

5. Smile. Smile. Smile. Even if it's fake. I'm trying. I really am.

6. If the sun is out, I will be in it! Whether I'm sitting by the window with the blinds pulled up high or I go out for a walk. I am going to soak up that vitamin D like a prickly cactus. A prickly, smiling cactus.

Here is to a HAPPY, HEALTHY January.

Popular posts from this blog

Writer Wednesday--A New Kind of Rejection

#52Stories Failure

#52Stories Physical Achievements