Emotion Poems

The last two years have been nothing short of an emotional roller coaster. And do you know what I learned from that? That is what life is supposed to be. Many years of my life went by where I wasn't really in tune with what I was feeling. It is refreshing to have that back. Being aware of my emotions helps me work through them quickly. On to the next. When I'm feeling strong emotions, sometimes it helps me to write about it in the form of a poem. I thought I would share a few from last year.

Sorrow

"Is it a dull pain, or a sharp one?" the doctor asks.
But why he asks I cannot understand.
Dull and sharp can hardly matter now
For reaping never ends where sorrow is sown.


Faith

Like the moon you wax and wane,
A flower to blossom and wither.
You come and go like the unscheduled train,
But one thing you don't do is slither.


Peace Wash

Cloth and soap and water warm
Bathing rain, gentle storm
Calming flood and, "Peace, be still."
Sweet immersion; basin filled.

Popular posts from this blog

Writer Wednesday--A New Kind of Rejection

#52Stories Failure

#52Stories Physical Achievements