I Want to Be a Painter. I Want to Be a Nun.

And in short, any book that can do THAT, gets 5 stars.

"This is the great secret of color, child. Inside every color, other colors live. Thus we can create green from yellow and blue, or paint a purple robe by laying blue over a red ground. That's why a poppy is not simply red, it is yellow red, and an olive leaf is not merely green, it is gray green. There is no color for which this isn't so."

This book was a once in a lifetime read for me. (Except it also happened before with Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens, so I guess it's actually a twice in a lifetime thing. Dare I hope for thrice or more?) This book spoke to my soul. It said, "I love blue, too. It's amazing. It's my favorite. It's so precious to God that he shares very little of it with us." It spoke to my current life challenges. "You can do it. Trust yourself. Believe in yourself. You will make mistakes, but everything will work out. 'Yes. All will be well.'" It spoke to my heart. It taught me about life. It taught me about God. It taught me about my heart's true desire. It taught me that I can't have everything that I think I want, but I can have everything that God intended. I love it. I generally like to point out a book's flaws, but this one doesn't have any. You should read it. You may not love it as much as I do, because reading it affected me so personally, but you should read it anyway.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writer Wednesday--A New Kind of Rejection

#52Stories Failure

#52Stories Physical Achievements