Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Book Club Book Review-The Kitchen Boy by Robert Alexander

So I went into this book with virtually no knowledge about Tsar Nicholas and the Russian royal family. And I feel like I left this book with little more than speculative tidbits. Frustrating? A little. But I did enjoy the suspense. And I'm not gonna lie, writing this book was genius, especially considering it came out just a few short years before the last two bodies were found. Coincidence? Probably, but I had to ask. I'm not really sure why, but I'm giving this book three stars. Maybe because it just left me feeling...yucky, and empty. I have found it interesting since to read a little more about the Romanovs. Here are a couple of wikpedia choices. House of Romanov Execution




I recommend this book to Russian history buffs and Anastasia fanatics. (Be warned that it has some disturbing content.) What is your latest book club read? Please share it with me!

No comments: