Dreams

Right now I'm reading this book which I'm sure will earn a 5 star rating. So far I've loved it and I hope you'll take the time to read it. I just read about a dream that Abraham Lincoln had ten days before he was assassinated. It's a chilling dream, a dream that shows the worry of assassination was on his mind. Perhaps he knew his death was imminent, and perhaps that's why he worked as hard as he did, knowing his time was running out.

It makes me think of dreams, and wonder about their substance. What are they made of? Our thoughts? Our worries and stresses? Our insecurities and fears? Our deepest convictions and obsessions? Was Lincoln being warned in some way? Or were his suppressed worries merely coming to the surface in his subconscious? It would be fascinating to know.

I wonder about the events and people in our dreams. It's like our minds are at work "creating," much like writers do when they think of characters and settings. I always marvel when I wake from a dream where I saw people that were not familiar to me. Did I invent them subconsciously? Is that even possible? If you can invent people and places in your dreams, imagine what you can do when you're awake. Maybe if we use our creativity during the day, we will have little ability to do it at night in our sleep. Just a thought.

What do you think DREAMS are made of?


Comments

Lisa Dunick said…
Considering that last night I dreamt that I was a librarian who somehow got drafted into an army that Christian Bale was in charge of and I spent the whole time telling him that I didn't like guns and had to go watch the books? I don't know. I'm hoping that dream was made of the drink I had at dinner and not anything too important :O)

Popular posts from this blog

Where Can I Get a Copy of Sleeping Beauty and the Beast

#52Stories Physical Achievements

#52Stories Failure