Do You Have What it Takes to Be a Writer??

This is not a trick question. It's not rhetorical, either. It is a question every person should consider who is thinking or has been thinking about writing for a "living."

Luckily, there is a simple test that will help give you some answers.

THIS TEST IS NOT TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY AND I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES--REAL OR IMAGINED, PHYSICAL OR EMOTIONAL--THAT MAY OCCUR.

1. Stand facing the wall. Bang your head against said wall repeatedly. Have a headache yet? No? Keep going.

2. After you win the wall test, do a back flip. Don't know how to do a back flip? Do one anyway. You have to if you want to be a writer.

3. Now, are you ready for this? Repeat steps one and two over and over again.

Pretty simple, right? If you can do that, you can be a writer.

What kind of a writing week are you having?

Comments

-Jo- said…
Are we allowed to utilize a small trampoline for the back flip? Or perhaps a spring board? I've got step one down pat!
Melissa Lemon said…
Mini trampolines only. Sorry.
LOL. I guess I don't have what it takes, but I'm doing it anyway.

I haven't written much this week. I just submitted, I'm still hearing from beta readers, and I'm outlining my next project. So far, my beta readers disagree with each other, so I guess my book will not please everyone after all.
Grandma R. said…
Ha ha, the back flip is out, guess I will never be a writer. I want to see your back flip though. lol Love you. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Where Can I Get a Copy of Sleeping Beauty and the Beast

#52Stories Physical Achievements

#52Stories Failure