Sunday, July 1, 2012



I have to admit I'm not quite done reading yet, but I really wanted to participate in this blog tour since the awesome author wrote one of the blurbs on the back of Cinder and Ella.

If you like vampires that don't sparkle, this book is probably for you.  Abby is a dynamic character with a past that she doesn't quite remember, which adds tension and gives the book pull because you know that some day all the horror is going to come back to haunt her.  She is married to the only man who can calm her enough to keep her from killing people, which I loved.  And she has a job to do, which she didn't ask for and doesn't want.  I enjoyed the strong-willed sass in this character.

The book is written from multiple perspectives which helped in some aspects, but I think I would have preferred to be in one person's head the whole time.  At first, I wanted Emily to be the main character because she seemed a little more developed and I felt comfortable and like things were in place when I was in her head.  But Abby did grow on me.

It took me a while to get into this book because there isn't a lot of action in the beginning, so be prepared for that.  But the things you know about the characters and the Order and the doom looming over everyone keeps you going until things pick up and the action takes hold of you.

I'm looking forward to more by this author to see how she develops her writing and to see what happens to the characters in the next book because this is a series.  And you should be jealous because I get to read the ending this week.  Visit the author's website for more information about the book, this tour and giveaways.  I'll have my final rating up on goodreads later this week.

No comments: