The Other Reasons I Haven't Been Blogging

When I graduated from college ten years ago I had been working on two majors but was only able to finish one before my husband and I moved to Colorado.  I've always wanted to go back and finish those last six classes so that's what I've been working on.  Let me introduce you to my new friends.

Meet William Butler Yeats.  He's in love with a phantom and writes poetry about how depressing it is to live, love and grow old.  It took me a while, but I've really come to appreciate his poetry.  One of my favorite poems of his is To the Rose upon the Rood of Time.
 Meet Mina Loy, a beautiful woman whose hypersensitivity to things most of the world turns away from gave us poems like Hot Cross Bum and Letters of the Unliving.
And my personal favorite...William Blake, who came to change a world that wasn't quite ready for him.  You would probably recognize his poem The Tyger.



It's nostalgic reading poetry.  Somehow I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it.  I may even take a poetry writing workshop for one of my other classes, but I probably won't be sharing any of it here.

WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE POET?


Comments

Taryn said…
Lord Byron:)

Absence - that common cure of love.

Adversity is the first path to truth.

Popular posts from this blog

Writer Wednesday--A New Kind of Rejection

#52Stories Failure

#52Stories Physical Achievements