Monday Musings--Need a New Bio



I hate writing bios. First of all, it's weird making it sound like someone else is writing. (Do people actually hire other writers to write their bios? What's with the third person perspective?) A lot of bios are too long, and I came up with mine after spending an evening at Barnes & Noble reading dozens of them. Some are WAY too long, and I decided short and sweet would be best. Do people really want to know where I was born and how I fared in middle school and beyond? I don't think so. Some are a little too quirky for me, or simple, or trying-to-be-funny-but-failing-miserably.

Life has changed a little since my last bio.  I don't teach music lessons anymore except to my kiddos on random rare occasion.  Some things remain unchanged.  I'm still married (love you, babe), still have three children (four if you include the new cat), still play with imaginary friends for hours every week.  There you go.  This is going to be fun.

DO YOU READ AUTHOR BIOS?  WHAT DO YOU LIKE AND HATE ABOUT THEM?

Comments

Farfegnugen said…
Love you too!!!! I like ones with a little touch of humor.
-Ryan
Sharee said…
I am excited to see your new bio. I have never done one myself. Maybe I should try just for the experience. I'll let you know how that goes. Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Where Can I Get a Copy of Sleeping Beauty and the Beast

#52Stories Failure

#52Stories Physical Achievements