Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday Musings--I'm a Robot, Apparently

I have to admit, word verification and captcha codes keep the spam away, but they keep people away, too.  I've been deterred from leaving comments many times because I often can't seem to get those darn letters and numbers right.  I love it when they prod you with phrases like:  "to prove you're a human," or "so we know you're not a robot."  It makes me feel all warm-blooded inside when I try and FAIL, FAIL, FAIL.

My favorite verification comes in the form of a simple math problem, because while I seem to have problems with my vision when numbers and letters are purposefully distorted, I can add.

Are you a human or a robot?

2 comments:

Grandma R. said...

Like you, I have a very hard time reading those darn fuzzy, and funny shaped letters. So, I just say oh well and move on. I will try really hard to prove I am not a robot and get this little comment published so you at least know I was here. :)

Melissa Lemon said...

Ahhhh, thanks, mom.