Six Weeks to Yehidah Blog Tour

 

 
I am a lucky participant in the blog tour for the book Six Weeks to Yehidah by Melissa Studdard.

Annalise is going on a journey!  And she's taking her talking sheep with her.  I really don't want to give anything else away as far as plot goes, so I'll be on to my review now.

I have never read a book in my lifetime that was written in my lifetime that I enjoyed so much.  When people ask me what I read, I say "Classics," because to me there isn't a lot else worth reading.  Six Weeks to Yehidah is now on my "Classics" shelf.  Written in beautiful, clear prose, Six Weeks to Yehidah explores the imaginations and ideas of the child mind while delving into the realms of truth and spirituality.  I loved every page of this book.  From the main character and her inner monkey to Annalise's Garden and Acoustic Island, every single page brings pure, enjoyable imagination, with just the right amount of insight and invitation.

Six Weeks to Yehidah is my kind of book.  In fact, I don't think five stars is quite enough, but since that's the most I can give it...

Melissa was kind enough to answer a few questions, so get to know the author a little.

1.       Where did you come up with such a delightful idea for a book?
Thank you for the compliment! It developed on two levels. I was in a wonderful critique and writing group in which we took turns assigning prompts each month. One woman asked us to read The Oxford Book of Modern Fairy Tales and write our own short tale. It turned out that I was so compelled by the voice and characters I’d created that I kept writing and writing until I realized I was no longer working on a short story. I was writing a novel.  The second is that after reading volumes of non-fiction books about spirituality and benefitting from them immensely, I wanted to share wisdom traditions with younger people—to share with them some of the things I wish I had been introduced to at an earlier age. However, I also knew that kids wouldn’t want to sit down and read the same kinds of books I was reading as an adult, so I decided to do it in a fun, entertaining way, through narrative and humor.

2.       What is your writing schedule like?
It’s very cyclical. When I’m working on a book, I get into the routine of writing daily, but, when I’m not, I sometimes take weeks or even months off at a time. I love writing more than almost anything else, but, as we know, life experience enhances writing, so I have to force myself to live too! Haha. When I’m deep into a project, I’m a bit obsessive. Often, my daughter will come in to find me typing away in the dark because I’m so deeply into my writing that I don’t notice the sun going down. When this happens, she just turns on the lamp, shakes her head at me, and commits to cooking dinner that night. She understands because she is a writer too. Likewise, when her writing is flowing well, I do whatever I can to support her and make sure she doesn’t have to stop until she’s ready.

3. Do you have any fun New Year’s Goals you'd like to share?
Out of all the goals I made, I think the most exciting will be keeping a dream journal. So many of my writing ideas come from dreams, and I’ve noticed that when I take time to write them down, my subconscious mind more generously grants me regular and creative dreams. There is something to showing it that I’m listening.

Well, not only do we share the same name, I think we were separated at birth or something.  Thank you, Melissa for writing such a wonderful book and for giving us some of your time.

For links to the author's facebook and twitter accounts or to learn more about the book, check out the website: http://sixweekstoyehidah.com/
Click here to purchase the book on Amazon.

Comments

Thank you for a great interview and review! I agree that we must have been separated at birth :)
Odette said…
I've read this book, and I totally agree!

Popular posts from this blog

Where Can I Get a Copy of Sleeping Beauty and the Beast

#52Stories Failure

#52Stories Physical Achievements