A Few Recent Reads

The last two weekends have provided the opportunity to read quite a bit.  And it has been a treat.  Here are a few of the books that I've thoroughly enjoyed.  (Why does thoroughly have to be so darn hard to spell?)

 I have some new favorite authors and Hilary McKay is one of them.  I LOVED this book.  It reminded me so much of what it was to grow up with several siblings and how strong those relationships can be and all of the good times I've had with my brother and sisters.  The story was lovely and I'm smitten with the characters.  Lucky for me, there is a book for each sibling so I'll get to spend some more time with the Casson children.  Oh, and their parents?  HILARIOUS.
 I read several of these books in the Gail Carson Levine "Princess Tales" series, but this is my favorite.  It's just a lot of fun.
And this book...I don't even know where to start.  It was absolutely stunning.  I recently saw the movie "The Help" and let's just say that Nory Ryan's Song took me to another place and time that I'm grateful I was not a part of.  I cried in a few spots, which for me, means that I felt this story so deeply and suffered along with the characters.  But I liked that it ended with so much hope for sweet little Nory.  Ah, historical fiction, you puzzle me.  I want so much for these people to be real.  But I'm grateful for the things you teach me, real or not.

What books make you cry?

Comments

Only Books said…
Nice books!:)
I sent you an e-mail, but i think you didn't read it. So, i'll ask you here: Do you want to give me an interview for my blog(http://love-for-books.blogspot.com/).
I'm wainting for your answer, hoping it will be positive!:)

P.S.: Sorry for gramatical mistakes, but I'm from Romania and here we don't speak english;)).

Popular posts from this blog

Where Can I Get a Copy of Sleeping Beauty and the Beast

#52Stories Failure

#52Stories Physical Achievements