In a Blogging Mood

Maybe I don't have the final cover to show you.  Maybe the trailer for Cinder and Ella is still in progress and maybe I couldn't decide on text for a teaser, but I just feel like blogging.  Why don't I tell you a little bit about my book?  I wrote Cinder and Ella in November of 2009 during NaNoWriMo.  NaNoWriMo is a challenge to write a novel in a month.  The month of November has its difficulties:  Kids are in school, everybody's obsessed over turkeys and footballs, and Christmas preparations may already be udnerway.  But, it doesn't matter.  Tens of thousands of people around the globe will attempt to write a novel of at least 50,000 words in only 30 days.  I finished my book before November 30, 2009, but it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 43,000 words.  I tried adding a prologue.  It stunk.  Really bad.  There was already an epilogue.  So, while I can't say I'm a NaNoWriMo winner (YET!), I am happy to tell you that after a year and a half of edits, Cinder and Ella is now over 50,000 words.  That's my NaNoWriMo story.  What's yours?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Can I Get a Copy of Sleeping Beauty and the Beast

#52Stories Failure

#52Stories Physical Achievements